Design by Horst Becker THE ATHLETIC HORSE - ENGL. VERSION
- The whithers as the centre of movement
- Head and neck as balance pole
- The jaw as a key
- The hind as the engine
- Balance bevor movement, not the other way around
- Seat of the rider: learning to twist and turn the body
- Good education and well mannered
- Building up with the longe
- Which horse will be worked how?
- Side movements - basic movements
- Cadence, imprint and collection
- Motivational training
- Training plans for common problems
ISBN: 3-86127-442-6, EAN: 978-386127-442-6
- 160 pg., 17 x 24 cm, ca. 120 full color pictures/photo's, Hardcover
Systematic, hollistic, classical
When problems occur in the education and dressagetraining of the horse, the question as to "why" is seldom asked. It is this question Horst Becker explores in this book. He returns to the basics and describes solutions that are based on the strenghts of the horse in order to overcome, and gently effectively correct weaknesses.
The author highly values a non-violent way of training, properly based on the principles of the anatomy and physiology of the horse. Goal of this educational idea is harmony in the movements, which can only be reached when the rider works in a sustainable and systematic manner.
The book is there to help riders and trainers to better value their horses in order to become more successful and adapt their training on an individual base.